Official Inspection Procedure
NOTE: The owner of a vehicle is under no obligation to have disclosed defects corrected by the inspection station. He may have the necessary work done where he desires or he may do it himself. The inspection alone is all that is required, being approved or rejected. The owner or operator of the vehicle should always be informed if any parts, although still in passing condition, may be worn or become dangerous before the next inspection is required. Owner or operator may request all worn or replaced parts be returned to him. Foreign make, as well as American make motor vehicles, must comply with all the inspection requirements, including approved safety glass and lighting equipment.
This is not an all inclusive list.
ITEMS TO BE INSPECTED The following items must be thoroughly examined, according to the regulations to constitute an official inspection. Failure to comply will be regarded as a faulty inspection.
1. Verify legal registration.
2. Check certificate of insurance.
3. Remove old sticker.
4. Check safety glass.
5. Check sheet metal, bumpers, fenders and frame.
6. Check horn, rearview mirror, windshield wipers and plate mounting.
7. Check brake system, i.e., service and emergency brake, brake linings, brake pedal and all hoses.
8. Check front end and steering components.
9. Check exhaust system and fuel system.
10. Check tires and wheels.
11. Check lights, safety devices and seat belts.
12. Affix sticker.