Apply now to be a West Virginia State Trooper
Please read the below instructions in their entirety as you will need several pieces of information to complete the
Please have the following ready before starting the online application.
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License Number
- Past Addresses where you have resided
- Education Information including; Schools, Addresses, and attendance and graduation years for High School and any post-secondary education you have received
- Past Employment Information including; Past Employer Names, addresses, phone numbers and dates of employment
- Specific dates of Military Service
- Five references, with contact phone numbers and addresses. References cannot be relatives, co-workers, former or present employers
You are reminded that you must meet the following requirements:
- Are between 21 and 39 years of Age or will be 21 years of age by the projected employment date: January 2020
- Graduated from High School or have GED
- Are legally authorized to work in the United States
- Have held a valid driver's license for the last two years
- Have not been convicted of Domestic Violence
- Have no Felony Convictions
- Do not use illegal drugs
- Have not been convicted of Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
We thank you for your time and appreciate your interest in joining the West Virginia State Police.
Select the 'Apply Online Now' button to start your application.
Apply Online Now