Click the link below for a full listing of available jobs:
Potential applicants for all positions are subject to a thorough background investigation. Job is posted until position is filled.
As an agency of State Government, the West Virginia State Police provides a wide variety of benefits to it’s employees. As a WV public employee, some benefits are mandatory to all public employees, while some are completely voluntary. Some benefits are free to employees while others require a monthly premium.
Current year details regarding plan options and monthly premium costs can be obtained by logging onto the PEIA website at www.peia.wv.gov.
- PEIA offers $10,000 life insurance policies for all fulltime employees. PEIA also offers Optional Life Insurance of varying amounts that include $5,000 to $500,000 worth of coverage, subject to an insurability screening. For first time PEIA participants, PEIA allows up to $100,000 of Optional Life Insurance coverage for employees to enroll without the insurability screening. PEIA offers Dependent Life coverage, please visit the PEIA website for plans and pricing www.peia.wv.gov.
- The WV State Police also offers a $4,000 life insurance policy through UNUM Provident Life Insurance.
- As WV public employees, all full-time public employees are required to participate with the Public Employees Retirement Plan, regulated by the Consolidated Public Retirement Board. Employees hired on or after July 1, 2015 will be members of the PERS II plan, contributing 6% of their gross monthly salary. WV State Police contributes 10% of the member’s gross monthly salary for a combined total of 16%. Please visit https://www.wvretirement.com/PERS-TierII.html to explore the Retirement Benefits and Requirements.
- An additional retirement option is available with Empower Retirement and functions as a 457 Retirement Plan. Please visit https://www.empower-retirement.com/ to learn more about the retirement options for both pre- and post- tax contributions.
- Mountaineer Flexible Benefits offers additional insurance such as Dental, Vision, Hearing, Legal, Short- and Long-term disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Health Savings Accounts (for qualifying employees who enroll in the PPB Plan C Health Plan offered by PEIA). To explore the variety of plans and prices, please visit https://peia.wv.gov/Forms-Downloads/Pages/Mountaineer-Flexible-Benefits.aspx.