Basic Officer Class
The following is a REVISED tentative schedule of future Basic Police Training Classes and the deadline for the paperwork to be submitted.
Please note these dates are for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
||Date of Class
||January 6 - April 24, 2020
||November 22, 2019
||April 13 - July 31, 2020
||February 28, 2020
||July 13 - October 30, 2020
||May 29, 2020
||August 31 - December 18, 2020
||July 17, 2020
2020 Recertifcation / Equivalent Course
September 14 - October 2, 2020
August 1, 2020
The following items must be completed, and submitted for acceptance into the training program:
- Application for Admission to Basic Police Training School.
- Medical History Statement and Medical Examination Report. (Included Application Above)
- One Federal Bureau of Investigation, Applicant Fingerprint cards (FD-258);
- Sticker WVSP 39F (Release of Information) signed and attached to the back of one fingerprint card
- Lab test results; Blood Chemistry (chem 20 or equivalent), Complete Blood Count(CBC), Urinalysis, Tuberculosis (Mantoux), Electrocardiogram (ECG - resting), Drug Screening DOH -5 or 8-10 Panel.
The fingerprint cards for admission to a Basic Class may be obtained from:
West Virginia State Police Academy
135 Academy Drive
Dunbar, West Virginia 25064