Basic Officer Class
The following is a REVISED tentative schedule of future Basic Police Training Classes and the deadline for the paperwork to be submitted.
Please note these dates are for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
||Date of Class
||January 8 -April 27, 2018
||November 24, 2017
||April 2 - July 20, 2018
||February 16, 2018
||June 11 - September 28, 2018
||April 27, 2018
||August 27 - December 14, 2018
||July 13, 2018
2018 Recertifcation / Equivalent Course
September 10 - September 28, 2018
The following items must be completed, and submitted for acceptance into the training program:
- Application for Admission to Basic Police Training School.
- Medical History Statement and Medical Examination Report. (Included Application Above)
- One Federal Bureau of Investigation, Applicant Fingerprint cards (FD-258);
- Sticker WVSP 39F (Release of Information) signed and attached to the back of one fingerprint card
- Lab test results; Blood Chemistry (chem 20 or equivalent), Complete Blood Count(CBC), Urinalysis, Tuberculosis (Mantoux), Electrocardiogram (ECG - resting), Drug Screening DOH -5 or 8-10 Panel.
The fingerprint cards for admission to a Basic Class may be obtained from:
West Virginia State Police Academy
135 Academy Drive
Dunbar, West Virginia 25064