Apply now to be a West Virginia State Trooper
* Additional Dates have been added
Friday, December 18, 2020 – Academy
135 Academy Drive, Dunbar, West Virginia 25064
*COME PREPARED DRESSED IN INTERVIEW ATTIRE; BRING PT CLOTHING FOR PT TESTING FOLLOWING WRITTEN AND INTERVIEW. *
Registration begins at 8:00 am. Testing will begin at 9:00 am. You must have a state issued photo I.D.
Applicants will be checked in by a Trooper in the parking lot and will remain in their vehicle until directed to the test site.
The following itinerary will be followed on these dates:
Registration (8:00am – 9:00am)
Written Test (9:00am)
BREAK – during this break applicants will change from Interview attire to PT attire
Physical Fitness Test (push ups, sit ups, 1.5 mile run)
The Written Examination must be passed to proceed to the other tests. Applications must participate in the Physical Fitness Test, but if they do not pass they will have an opportunity to pass later in the testing process. Applicants will take an online Suitability Test and will be free to leave once it is completed.
Due to the pandemic, applicants must bring and wear face coverings at all times, except during the Physical Fitness Test. Testing groups will be limited to approximately 25 applicants per group.
Please read the below instructions in their entirety as you will need several pieces of information to complete the application.
Please have the following ready before starting the online application.
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License Number
- Basic Military Service Information
You are reminded that you must meet the following requirements:
- Are between 21 and 39 years of Age or will be 21 years of age by the projected employment date: January 25, 2021
- Graduated from High School or have GED
- Are legally authorized to work in the United States
- Have held a valid driver's license for the last two years
- Have not been convicted of Domestic Violence
- Have no Felony Convictions
- Do not use illegal drugs
- Have not been convicted of Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
We thank you for your time and appreciate your interest in joining the West Virginia State Police. Select the 'Apply Online Now' button to start your application.